The Story of Evil (悪ノ物語 Aku no Monogatari), or more commonly known as The Daughter of Evil series (悪ノ娘 Aku no Musume) is a series of songs made by Akuno-P. The series is composed of eight songs surrounding the epitome of Vanity of the Seven Deadly Sins Series. Many of the songs were included in the album Evils Kingdom.
- The Daughter of Evil
- The Servant of Evil
- Regret Message
- The Daughter of White
- Twiright Prank
- Wooden Girl ~Thousand Year Wiegenlied~
- Handbeat Clocktower
- Kept Waiting For A Response
On his blog, mothy announced that the novels are based on the songs and are officially canon to the Evillious Chronicles. The short stories are consistent with the novels and are also considered canonical material. The official website for the novel series can be found here.
- The Daughter of Evil, Clôture of Yellow
- The Daughter of Evil, Wiegenlied of Green
- The Daughter of Evil, Novelette of White
- Entreacte of Evil, The Daughter of Evil Worldguide
- The Adventure of a Boy and a Girl
- Twiright Prank
- The Daughter of Evil, Retrouver of Silver
- The Daughter of Evil, Praeludium of Red
- The Daughter of Evil, Praefatio of Blue
- Epic of Evil, The Daughter of Evil Fanbook
- The Daughter of Fog
- Her Reason
Marlon Royal Family
Note: this list only contains the list of all major recurring characters in Story of Evil. For a list of all minor characters in the series, please see the List of Minor Characters in Story of Evil.
Other Media Appearances
Daughter of Evil ~Gemini of Charm~
A play adaptation of the songs titled Daughter of Evil ~Gemini of Charm~ (悪ノ娘～凄艶のジェミニ～, Aku no Musume ~Seien no Jiemini~), opened on January 27, 2010 and lasted until January 31, 2010. The script was written by Hidekatsu Tokunaga, a member of X-QUEST, who adapted the story based on his own interpretation of the songs. Mothy was not involved in the script's creation and many events and settings in the play differ from their portrayal in the novels and contain many of Tokunaga's original parodies and episodes added to the script; the characters maintain their original names.
The play features numerous background tracks as well as covers for the velvet mix variants of Daughter of Evil, Servant of Evil, and Regret Message. The covers were sung by Shimoda Asami, the voice actress who lent her voice for Rin and Len's vocals. She also sang a rendition of Twiright Prank. The original soundtrack was released on February 3, 2010.
××× of Evil
Another event called God of Evil (悪ノ神, Aku no Kami), was held on April 11, 2010 by Drama Group Brioche. The group was established by fans of the series to make a theater play of Daughter of Evil, Servant of Evil, and Regret Message. The Drama Group Brioche made a big success in God of Evil or "xxx of Evil" for short.
The Daughter of Evil and The Servant of Evil make an appearance in the game Hatsune Miku and Future Stars Project Mirai. Two Modules designed by Ichika were created exclusively for the songs. The designs of the characters are consistent with their appearance in the novels.
The song PV's portrayal follows the plot of The Daughter of Evil, Clôture of Yellow, closely, including cameos by various characters like Leonhart. However, there are a few inconsistencies such as Clarith being present when Allen first saw Michaela as well as the portrayal of the Lucifenian palace.
Daughter of Evil and Servant of Evil were featured at Hatsune Miku's Live Party 2011 in Tokyo on March 9th, 2011. Projected on a screen, Rin debuted on stage with Riliane's classic laugh and performed a sole ensemble to an abreviated version of The Daughter of Evil. Directly afterward, Len debuted and performed a similarly shortened version of The Servant of Evil.
They repeated the performance in Sapporo and Singapore that same year. They returned the following year in Tokyo at Hatsune Miku's Live Party 2012.
- The name of all the characters represented by a Vocaloid (or a related synth, like UTAU) were choosen to match partially with the name of their respective Vocaloid counterpart when are adapted to the Japanese.
- Due to their actions, some of the characters have expressed their desire to be reincarnated in order to have a chance at a much better life or to be reunited with others: "If I/we could be reborn..."
- Allen Avadonia: "...I would like to play with you again." (Riliane)
- Riliane Lucifen d'Autriche: "...It would be fine to be born as twins again..." (Allen)
- Michaela: She did not have the chance to finish her sentence.
- Ney Futapie: "...Brother, Riliane, and Allen. We can play together, and be friends." (Kyle)
- Some characters have sworn that no matter the how "evil" their actions may be, they are doing this for a specific person in mind: "...I will become evil for you"
- Allen Avadonia: "If it's in order to protect you..." (Riliane)
- Germaine Avadonia: "If it's in order to overthrow the princess..." (Leonhart)
- Kyle Marlon: If it's in order to bring justice..." (Michaela)
- Some characters swear to protect a certain person from all harm, no matter what the cost to themselves: "I will always protect you so please keep smiling for me."
- Allen Avadonia: Says this to Riliane, swearing his loyalty to her.
- Michaela: Says this to Clarith, telling her that she will protect her from the people who mock her.