|♪ The Daughter of White ♫|
|NND / YT (subbed)|
|Original Name:||白ノ娘 (Shiro no Musume)|
|Singer(s):||Yowane Haku (Miku V2 config.)|
|Release Date:||January 6, 2010|
|Collaborators:||Yuurin, Suzunosuke, Ichika, Painter Brioche (illustrations)|
|Series:||Story of Evil|
|Year:||EC 499 ~ 501|
|Placed at:||Elphegort, Lucifenia|
"I'm sorry for being alive"
The song starts in Yatski village as a girl, Clarith, is ostracized by the Elphegorteans for having white hair. She prays to an old tree for friends. One day, she meets Michaela after finding her unconcious and they become close. Clarith becomes happy that someone wants to be friends with her. Clarith tells of how they left the village to work in the city under Mikina Freesis. One day, a blue-haired prince visits the mansion and meets Michaela. He falls in love with her, and so rejects Riliane's proposal. Riliane thus orders the death of all the green-haired women in Elpegort, and Clarith once again becomes depressed.
The song starts again by the harbor as Clarith relates how she became a nun in the church after the Lucifenian Revolution. One day she meets a mysterious girl, "Rin." The two become close. One night, Clarith comes across a confession booth and by mistake overhears Rin's confession, realizing that Rin is actually Riliane, the Daughter of Evil. Later, Riliane is alone at the beach. From behind, Clarith approaches, preparing to kill her with a knife. She points it at her back.
Later Clarith reveals that she could not kill Riliane because she recognized herself in her, a lonely girl. She relates how Riliane is getting better at her cooking. In the final moments, Clarith relates how she saw an illusion that stopped her at the harbor. She wonders who that boy she saw was.
The Daughter of Evil (EC 500)
The Daughter of Evil follows the story of Rilliane before she repented from committing the sin of Vanity and joined the church, plunging the Green Country into war once Kyle refused her proposal.
Wooden Girl ~Thousand Year Wiegenlied~ (EC 499~)
Wooden Girl ~Thousand Year Wiegenlied~ is the story of Michaela and Clarith from the forest spirit Michaela's perspective, following how she takes a human form to befriend Clarith and is eventually killed.
Regret Message (EC 501)
Regret Message happens during The Daughter of White after Clarith finds Riliane, who was unconscious, and takes her to the church. One day, Riliane arrived at a beach, outside of the church, and wrote a message in a bottle. Then, she releases it into the sea, hoping that it will come true.
Conceptualization and Origin 
- The song's title is a reference to The Daughter of Evil and Riliane, connecting the similarity between "Rin" and Clarith, their loneliness.
- The song's English title, "Bystander", refers to Clarith's outside perspective of the main events in Story of Evil, not directly involved or apart of them and only watching.
- At the song's climax, when Clarith is about to stab Rin, a bell rings three times, signaling three o'clock; Allen's execution occured at the same time, alluding to his intervention at that time during the song.
- Similarly, both situations involve Allen's actions to prevent Riliane's death.
- Clarith's discovery of Michaela is echoed later in the song with her discovery of Rin, although she was different from either girl for very different reasons.
- Ironically, Clarith's white hair that she hated and left her alone saved her from Elphegort's genocide but killed everyone around her, leaving her alone again and wishing she had died.
- Her words after meeting Michaela are paralleled in Wooden Girl ~Thousand Year Wiegenlied~ by Michaela and can be heard during the final chorus of the song; similarly, both songs begin with the same line: "I am sorry for being alive".