|♪ Twiright Prank ♫|
|NND / YT|
|Original Name:||トワイライトプランク (Towairaito Puranku)|
|English Name:||Day and Night|
|Singer(s):||Kagamine Rin / Len|
|Release Date:||August 3, 2010 (NND Release)|
|Series:||Story of Evil|
In Lucifenia, Riliane and Alexiel are alone by a beach in the twilight. Alexiel trips and Riliane comforts him when he starts to cry. Riliane and Alexiel both note they need to get home because it's dark out and a mysterious, hungry demon is threatening them. In the song, the twins note that they buried a chest they found in the beach, but it's too dark to find it. The two decide to "split" day and night between each other, Riliane being "day" and Alexiel being "night," creating a "beautiful orange sky" when they hold hands. As the demon continues to pursue them, Riliane refuses to share her snack, but Alexiel feels pity and gives his to the demon. In return, the demon tells Alexiel a secret about the ocean. Alexiel promises to later share this secret with Riliane.
Rin Kagamine as Riliane Lucifen d'Autriche
Len Kagamine as Alexiel Lucifen d'Autriche
MEIKO as Demon of Gluttony
Daughter of Evil (EC 500)Edit
The Daughter of Evil concerns the later life of Rilliane after her posession and separation from Allen, when she no longer remembers being his twin. She becomes a tyrannical princess who causes misery in Lucifenia and other countries to fulfill her own desires. As a result, Alexiel/Allen sacrifices himself for her.
Servant of Evil: (EC 500)Edit
The Servant of Evil concerns the later life of Alexiel after his separation from Rilliane and adoption by Leonhart, renamed Allen. He becomes Rilliane's loyal servant who makes many sacrifices in order to protect his sister and keep her happy. Ultimately, he sacrifices himself in her place.
Conceptualization and OriginEdit
- The word twiright is an Engrish derivative of the word twilight; on his blog, mothy states he intentionally changed the spelling to create a pormanteau of the words "twist" and "right" as a pun on the word "twilight".
- The song is performed by Rin and Len, with Alexiel giving the sweet to the demon while Riliane did not, reinforcing the wordplay.
- The "prank" performed in the song refers to the mischievious trick played on the twins by Abyss I.R., who purposefully set them up to be attacked by the demon.
- The song's English title, "Day and Night", refers to the twins' decision to split day and night between them.
- A short story elaborating on the events in the song was in Entreacte of Evil, The Daughter of Evil Worldguide.
- In the song PV, a stylized sillouette of the Demon of Gluttony appears in the form of Banica Conchita.
- The secret of the ocean mentioned references Regret Message, where Riliane remembers Alexiel telling her about the legend; its role and origin is further elaborated upon in the novels The Daughter of Evil, Clôture of Yellow and The Daughter of Evil, Wiegenlied of Green.
- The twins' division of the day and night is reflected in their fates, with Riliane being the public face hated by all while her brother would be relatively unknown, his shady actions obscured in history.
- The song was originally composed for the Theater Play event, performed by Shimoda Asami.
- The surname of Seth Twiright contains the same meaning and wordplay on twilight as the song, although the two are from completely different series and bear no other apparent connection.