|♪ Wooden Girl ~Thousand Year Wiegenlied~ ♫|
|NND / YT (subbed)|
|Original Name:||樹の乙女～千年のヴィーゲンリート～ (Itsuki no otome ~Sennen no vu~īgenrīto~)|
|English Name:||Spirit of ELD|
Yowane Haku (back-up)
|Release Date:||September 2, 2011|
|Series:||Story of Evil|
The plot follows Michaela, a forest spirit, who observes a girl named Clarith come and pray for friends. Michaela wonders why Clarith is so sad all the time. Michaela wishes to help Clarith, but she can't help her in the form she is in. Michaela is given a human form by a "capricious sorceress" so she can meet Clarith and understand her. After meeting Clarith, Michaela enjoys her life as a human, from the village to the city, until she meets Kyle Marlon at a banquet. He falls in love with her and rejects Riliane's proposal. The country falls into war by Riliane's hand. As the disaster strikes, Michaela is seperated from Clarith, and realizes her feelings for her. Being a human, she can not revert back into her spirit form, but she resolves to stay in any case due to her love for Clarith. She and Clarith simultaneously promise that if they both survive, they will wait for the other to live in Eldoh's forest again.
The song ends with Michaela lying at the bottom of the well after being stabbed in the chest by a "golden-haired assassin", she thinks of Clarith and wishes her to live on with her last thoughts being: "If I could be reborn, if I could be reborn..."
Miku Hatsune as Michaela
Haku Yowane as Clarith
Luka Megurine as Elluka Clockworker
KAITO as Kyle Marlon
Neru Akita as Ney Futapie
Rin Kagamine as Riliane Lucifen d'Autriche
The Daughter of White (EC 499 ~ 501)Edit
The Daughter of White follows the events of Wooden Girl ~Thousand Year Wiegenlied~ from the perspective of Clarith, the white haired girl whom Michaela befriends.
The Daughter of Evil (EC 500)Edit
The Daughter of Evil takes place during the events of Wooden Girl ~Thousand Year Wiegenlied~ from the perspective of Riliane, the Daughter of Evil.
Conceptualization and Origin Edit
- The song's title refers to her nature as a millenium old spirit of Eldoh and to the Clockwork Lullaby; the word wiegenlied is derived from the German word for "lullaby".
- The song's English title, "Spirit of Eld", reinforces the reference to her spirit origins; the Old English word eld means "old age" or "antiquity".
- In the Evils Court booklet, Gammon Octo discerns that Elluka had likely reincarnated Michaela to help her gather the vessels of sin; examining Michaela and Clarith's friendship, he questioned whether or not their "unpleasant romance" was out of desperation.
- The Evils Court crossfade mentions the aftermath of the song, with Michaela succeeding Eldoh as the Millenium Tree; the court case file notes that she may cause harm to the cinema and that the inhabitants would need to be wary.
- She parallels Clarith's words after the two meet in The Daughter of White and can be heard during the final chorus of the song; similarly, both songs begin with the same line: "I am sorry for being alive".
- Her dying thoughts reference The Servant of Evil and Allen Avadonia's dying thoughts at the end of the song.